The processional music had started. I was standing at the front with the groom. A bridesmaid had walked out. Then, I see the bride’s mom waving frantically at me. Trying to remain completely chill, I hastened to the back of the garden where there was a little cottage hiding a bride. There she stood…beautiful, ready to walk down the rose petal aisle to her groom…except, her gorgeous chiffon dress had caught her pointy shoe as she stepped towards the door and ripped from seam to knee….right down the front, completely noticeable. EEK!
In the two milliseconds that it had taken her dress to rip, my assistant exclaimed that I had an emergency kit that housed everything necessary in my car…and that I knew how to sew.
10 milliseconds later, I was sitting on the floor in a dress, heels and camera, sewing the bride’s dress. She chugged champagne.
5 minutes later, she was walking down the aisle and got married.
As wedding season heats up, I thought I’d share what I hold in the magical kit. And seriously…everyone should have one (wedding photographer or not) in their car. You never know when you’ll need it!
CONTENTS OF THE UNICORN BAG
- Makeup bag from Target
- Oil absorbing sheets
- Lens cleaner
- Variety of band-aids and boo boo cleaners
- Alka seltzer
- A complete manicure set – useful for a variety of things
- Fabric tape
- Whisp toothbrushes (not pictured)
- Aspirin (not pictured)
- White out (not pictured…in white and in ivory – hides small amounts of lipstick or mascara on a dress)
- Baby Whips
- Tide cleaning sticks and wipes
- Gold Bond powder
- Dental wax (not pictured…great for holding rings/details in place for ring shots)
- Band aid Friction Block – greatest invention ever! Prevents blisters
- Safety pins
- Straight pins
- “S” shaped curtain pins (great for pinning boutonnieres)
- Eye drops
- Various lint brushes
- Wrinkle remover
- Eye glass repair kit
- Glue Stick
- Bug spray
- Baby oik
- Sewing kit
- Scissors (not pictured)
- Sun block
- 3M hooks (great for hanging wedding dresses)
- Mini umbrella (not pictured)
- Gum (not pictured)
- Zip Ties (not pictured)
- Hair ties in various colors (not pictured)
- Bobby Pins (not pictured)
- Girly products (not pictured)